Post-Op Instructions Following Fillings
- Do not eat or chew until any numbness from anesthesia has worn off.
- If you are supervising a child who has had treatment, make certain that they are not eating or chewing while numb. Please make sure they do not bite their lips or tongue as doing so can cause serious injury to their soft tissue.
- Avoid sticky, crunchy, or hard foods for 24 hours.
- Sensitivity to cold and heat, as well as any soreness, may last up to a month.
- The biting surface of the tooth was adjusted while your mouth was anesthetized, so it may not be completely even. If the bite feels unusual or if it is particularly painful when you bite on that surface, the bite may need to be adjusted. Please call the office so we can schedule you to come in and adjust it.
- Please call our office if you experience pain or discomfort for more than a few days.