Post-Op Instructions Following
Thank you for your cooperation during the extraction of your tooth/teeth.
- It’s important that you do not rinse, spit, smoke or use a straw for the next 24 hours. You will break the clot that is forming in the socket of the extracted tooth/teeth by doing these things.
- Maintain biting pressure on the gauze for at least one hour.
- Then change the dressing and bite on another gauze for one more hour.
- All bleeding should be stopped by this time.
- Do not rinse until tomorrow.
You will be sore for a day or two. If necessary, you may take Tylenol or any other non-aspirin type of pain relief medication. If a prescription has been given to you, take it exactly as prescribed. This will ensure minimal discomfort.
Should you have any further questions, please call our office.